View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowscrazy View Post
I was really thinking about jumping onto this series. But reading this is disappointing. Sounds like its not on the same Level as there Baseball version yet.

Even though I do have problems with the baseball version if you start to get really huge leagues like past the 60 team mark. But thats not the point

I also envision an expanded euro league at some point. I'll have to wait and see if version 6 comes out with better features before I jump into this.
First, our games are different. I point that out because we generate more players and and coaches than OOTP. The issue is how the AI handles the situation.

When we added the feature this year and in early beta tests we (and I) personally ran, we had unlimited adds. The problem became two fold - the AI couldn't handle it because the quality of players dropped and so we had to cap it again.

Hockey is different than baseball, and yet similar. You aren't just adding 28 teams, you're adding 84.That's adding up to 1400 new possible NHL caliber players into the game when I doubt there's more than 200 right now. Other leagues aren't going to mysteriously collapse, and even if they did it doesn't mean that they would bring the same level of talent to the NHL.

Arguably, there isn't 64 quality NHL goalies right now. How does the league react when you add 56 additional jobs? The talent pool also drops substantially as well. There's many factors to consider when adding these unlimited teams.

But what I am happy we did add is the ability to subtract and move teams, so if you wanted to create a North America vs European division, you could have some fun there.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote