View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Well, that is actually false. You already mentioned FOF and I believe both FOF 7 and 8 came out within the time the OOTP football project started. There's also Draft Day Sports Pro Football, which also just released a new version. Also Football Mogul (although from what I gather that's not really a recommended game).
Yeah you're not wrong but Wolverine Studios is a small up-start (which is why I said major sports sim company) unlike OOTP or SI. Wolverine Studios game is definitely good but I feel like they do the basketball side of things a lot better and definitely deliver when it comes to that. DDS: Pro Football is a lot more GM heavy and isn't like FOF from what I've played of both.

Football Mogul to me is just a more stripped down FOF with player pics but that will be solved in FOF9 so I'm not really bothered. The point of my original post is that no company with gigantic marketing potential or hype itself ever capitalized on the need for it (aside from OOTP supporting BTS Football) and I'm still surprised by that.