View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
USF
All Star Starter

Adult Baseball League - 1 Rare Opening

Full League Name (Initials):Adult Baseball League(ABL)
League Type:Modern Day - Fictional
Main URL:ABL | v2.1.2
Reports URL:Home
Boards URL: Ultimate Strat Fan Leagues
Commissioner OOTP Forum Username(s):Jason Goldberg(usf)
Email Address: commish@bell.net
OOTP Version: OOTP17 (latest version with latest patch)
Game Needed: Yes, Required
Players: Fictional w/ Create a Player feature - each division winner and the World Series winner gets to create a draft-able player using a customized template.
# of Teams: 28, Pro, AAA, AA, A, Winter Rookie, International Complex
Sim Schedule: Mon/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun @ 9 or 10 pm EST. Weekend times may vary. Some weekends we do a double sim. This is a fast paced league.
League Time Per Sim: 7 Days, 13 Days in the Off-Season up until Spring Training.
First Season: 2012
Current Season: 2030(Year #19!)
Special Rules & Settings: Hidden Player Ratings for the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE, Revenue Sharing (We use the only system in game that actually works as described in the OOTP game manual :-)), Yearly competitions/Trivia for in game bonuses, Adjustable Tax Rate to maintain no more than a 25% in gap between the highest revenue earning team and the lowest revenue earning team (Competitive balance), 1-100 Ratings (Potential), Scouting, Moral, Normal Injuries, Trading, International FA & Adjusting Player Creation Modifiers to "normalize" the ballpark factors at the Pro Level, League Evolution every 15 seasons, Playoffs use the NHL 1980's style format for increasing rivals, 26 man active roster, league prides its self on transparency and the voice of the GM - this league runs extremely facilitative.

OPEN TEAMS AVAILABLE: Contact me asap! This is a fun, trash talking, active, competitive & challenging league for an experienced OOTP player or a new OOTP player that is just getting into game. We have plenty of GMs that are willing to help you...

Hi guys;
I have been a Commissioner of ONLINE sports sim leagues for over two decades. This experience allows me to guide the league with strong leadership and consistency. We run a tight ship here because, the owners that are part of the ABL commit a lot of their time to this great league. I've tried to outline most of the setup information above but, if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me through PM. GMs that have the time to participate in this league usually do the best. We do sim at a fast pace so please keep this in mind before applying for membership. We have several original GMs still part of this great league after 18 seasons and 4 real life years! We have had a successful expansion from 24 to 28 teams as part of our 1st ever League Evolution feature that occured after season #15.

We are fortunate to have members in the league that like to have fun and not take things so seriously. We have a ton of trash talking because, many of the members are personal friends outside of the game. We also have had new OOTP players join in and receive a lot of help about the game.

We do regular LIVE broadcasts, we have a dedicated Chat room, we have regular group and individual team PODCASTS and many other exciting features that come part of the ABL OOTP online league experience including the use of SLACK. All of these features are linked at our website link given in the above listing.

We use the following OOTP 17 Online Utilities: Statslab and OOTPOU.

If you are ready to take the plunge in one of the greatest OOTP online leagues out there please contact me and let me know why we would should consider you!

Again great leagues look for great members!

Jason - Commish
Email me commish AT bell DOT net

Last edited by USF; 11-23-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Updated Links
USF is offline   Reply With Quote