View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #40
thehef
Hall Of Famer

1. In the form of an example: Koufax and Drysdale start the last two games of the season, despite the Dodgers holding a 15-game lead, thus forcing Singer and Moeller to start games one and two of the World Series. I don't care if there are no other rested starters available, in real life the manager would start a reliever and pretty much do whatever is possible to avoid using his aces.

2. Somewhat realistic default historical playoff scheduling - LGO has (I believe) proposed ideas along the lines of realistic postseason scheduling that factor in era and geography. These would be awesome. However, even minimal improvements that do away with - for example - the mirrored schedule (where ALCS and NLCS are scheduled to take place on the same days, with the same off days, etc.), and that default to the 2-3 format ('69 thru '84) rather than the 2-2-1, would be great. (Having said this, I am grateful that we have the option to modify the playoff schedule to our liking.)

3. Given as far as OOTP has come and how vast and deep it is in so many areas, it's puzzling that the end-of-season/postseason is so overlooked. As noted in posts above, clinching games and various postseason events are overlooked. And despite the fact that lots of history is stored in OOTP, very little can be found about prior postseasons - beyond basic results - without having to resort to the almanac or manually saving boxscores, etc. The new playoff summary is cool, but it disappears and can't be saved.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote