View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
Primis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Don't know what the status is on the ECHL ratings but here's a few I know from personal experience watching and talking to others:

KALAMAZOO -
* G Joel Martin is a veteran and has carried a huge load this year starting most every game. This is his second go-round in Kalamazoo so we've seen him change somewhat. He's not spectacular or elite, but he's pretty rock solid and dependable even if he doesn't get a lot of shutouts.
* D Sam Ftorek is known for his slapshot. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever gets this right in any rosters for any game. His stats don't reflect it, but his slapshot is a thing to behold live and stands out from most others. He always is given attributes as a weak shooter, and that's not the case at least for slappers. It's probably his biggest weapon and is why he's used on the PP.
* C Kory Karlander is 40 years old playing in a young man's ECHL. Suffice to say, I don't think an Aging attribute of 10 is appropriate, he is not "average" in that regard considering how he's still playing and producing.

CINCINNATI -
* LW Mike Liambas probably needs his sportsmanship lowered from even a 5. The dude just gets suspended no matter where he goes, and is reckless beyond all belief.

EVANSVILLE -
* C Todd Robinson just ditched his team to sign in the CHL because Evansville was way out of the playoff picture. Since his IHL/UHL day she's been known as not necessarily the best teammate (even though he's still a great set-up man), and a horrible player in his own end. His Greed, Loyalty, and Teamplayer should reflect this, and I might consider downgrading him a bit defensively after his god-awful +/- he posted this year, even considering the +/- of his teammates.

FORT WAYNE -
* RW Brandon Marino has had a good year and is maybe the one single Komet fans are agreeing that they don't want to light on fire aside from Colin Chaulk. I don't know what you boost to reflect that, but intangibles somewhere, maybe Coachability, Bravery, and Determination?
* RW Kaleigh Schrock probably needs a slight boost in Bravery and maybe even Aggression. Dude's small but a menace.

TRENTON -
* D Mitch Versteeg was traded to Kalamazoo in return for C Justin Taylor back in November.

COLORADO -
* C Trent Daavettila's defensive game is better than his ratings currently reflect. He came into pro hockey as a 3rd-line guy from a tryout out of rec league hockey following college and his reliable, pain-in-the-butt play in his own zone was why he stuck around long enough to work his way to the top lines, and he thinks the game very well IMHO. His offensive ratings are probably about right. I'd bump his Coachability up too.

These are what stand out to me for now.