View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #16
Argonaut
All Star Starter

1975 END OF REGULAR SEASON

Heartbreak for the Texas Rangers as we finish 5 GB of the Oakland Athletics for the AL West division, and therefore miss out on a chance in the playoffs. Lady luck kills us again, as pythag says we should have had 105 wins and the division title.

As you can see from the attached screenshots, Texas had the best runs allowed, best batting average, and second best runs scored totals in the entire MLB. Oakland had a few more runs, and hit a lot more homers. Perhaps those homers were the difference, as they clustered their runs in bunches enough to win more games.

Maybe I do need to bring in more sluggers, as we are obviously good in batting average but our lack of power means our team wOBA is actually only 6th in the AL. Walks and dingers is boring though, and I'd rather live by contact and baserunning... the latter of which we were also 1st in the league in. I think I'll keep it going and hopefully our luck will turn around.

Next post will be the 1975 recap, where we'll find out who won the World Series and if our team picked up any individual awards.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote