View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:37 PM   #15
Argonaut
All Star Starter

1975 ALL-STAR BREAK

The Texas Rangers have turned it around this year, and currently sit 1 GB of the Oakland Athletics at the All-Star Break. What a rivalry this is turning out to be! And we'll be in the same division for all of our history too.

Pitching has been great again, and batting has been much better this year, thanks in part to some of my moves. Mickey Rivers and Bump Wills are hitting much better than their defensive counterparts did last year.

The biggest contributor at the plate so far has been Mike Hargrove, who got the most All-Star votes in the AL. He already has a career-high WAR at the break, and is on pace for 7+ WAR on the year. If he keeps this production up he might even have a shot at the Hall of Fame. He already won Rookie of the Year, and if he wins some more hardware and manages to compile ~60 WAR that would be good for his cause. I'll likely move him into my "Even Odds" category at the end of the year.

I haven't been able to make any deals at the All-Star Break. The Mets aren't budging on Matlack, and the Pirates are being unreasonable on Al Oliver. At this point the Rangers are pretty strong, so I don't see the need to bring in any players that didn't play for Texas historically. We'll have to stand pat and see if we can catch the Athletics.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote