View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
Argonaut
All Star Starter

1973 ALL-STAR BREAK

So with California out of contention at the All-Star break, and Texas surprisingly in 1st place by 1 game over Oakland, I went all out and traded for Nolan Ryan. The Angels actually got quite a haul, including Bill Madlock who will be a perennial batting title candidate, my starting RF in Elliot Maddox, and Bill Hands (SP) who has 3.0 WAR at the break. And also Jonathan Astroth who has the potential to be a franchise catcher. See this thread on Astroth for an interesting story: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=305605

The trade might even weaken me in the short-term, but Nolan Ryan will no doubt become a Rangers legend and Hall of Famer. I'll have to find another outfielder and DH if I want to compete for the playoffs this year. In other news, I turned off personality and morale as I found I paid attention to it too much for a historical sim, and the values were randomized anyway I think.. which was annoying. It gave me an unfair advantage over the AI as I like to have teams full of "green" personalities.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Argonaut; 08-09-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote