View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #7
stevem810
All Star Starter

1966 for Julien Henri

From the Journal of Julien Henri
It was a season that surpassed my greatest expectations. Winning the championship with a pair of 4 game sweeps is a feeling that can't be described in words.

It was great watching my good friend Herve DeLage put up his best offensive numbers and capture his 4th straight GG at third base. Herve was always a role model for the rest of us on the island as he is 27 and will be 28 before spring training gets underway. From the time I first met him in Single A while playing with the Basse Pointe Bandits he's been a good friend. He's been a great help getting me acclimated to big league ball.

Herve and I are having conversations about our future in the FBL. We are wondering what it would be like to play in France. Paris would be my first choice. Herve sort of likes Marseille. He has 3 more years of arbitration and I have one of auto-renewal and then 3 arbitration years. We're ahead of the MLB when it comes to player rights/contracts so it doesn't really occur to us to play in the USA. But, we are not ruling it out, either. We've heard rumors that there is some unrest regarding players ability to sign with teams of their own choice but most people don't think it will ever happen.

I was pretty charged when I learned that I came in second place for the MVP voting. I don't even start every game.

I'm getting asked a lot if I am going to stay a two way player. Especially, now that our team is so recognizable. I don't know how to answer the reporters because I follow the lead of the team management. They have always looked out for me so until I hear otherwise I will just continue with the program they have me doing.

Just thinking about the USA baseball scene, some of us would like to have some spring exhibitions in Martinique in March. I mean we follow the big players and their careers. Imagine having players like Willie Mays and Sandy Koufax playing on our fields. Not sure it will ever happen but it would be so cool.

Alize is thinking about going to Paris to work next year. I guess that's one of the reasons I think about playing for the Artists. We'll see how that goes.

I'm going to kick back this next month and visit some of the beaches on the island. Some snorkeling, sea fishing, and just hanging out stuff.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote