View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #44
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Not sure a Diamond Dynasty style mode would really work in a text sim. Plus, adding DLC style microtransactions to OOTP scares the hell out of me. In-game purchases are killing the gaming industry in some ways, although I suppose it makes sense from a business standpoint.

I'm just really really hoping OOTP steers clear of things like that. Just my feelings, not sure if others agree.

I suppose I can handle it for JUST this mode (which I probably wouldn't even play) but like I've said before..the day the game introduces the option of a $.50 bonus to improve hitting for a few games or $1.00 to refill player stamina is the day I stop playing OOTP. Obviously I know nobody is forced to do this, but many games these days use the "pay to win" formula and I just don't want OOTP going down that road.

As for the other options, I suppose having a friend or a buddy on the forums here controlling one of the teams in my fictional league for an exhibition game would be pretty cool. That is if I'm understanding the concept.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 10-01-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote