View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
Vezna31
All Star Starter

June turned out to be a good month. I went 15-10 and had a good draft. I picked up C Chief Meyers (1st overall), 1B Stuffy McInnis, SS Art Fletcher, 1B Fred Luderus, SS Steve Yerkes.

I have a couple of good first baseman, thinking I could use them to trade for some other positions I need to fill. Still have to get a quality second baseman. Josh Devore is hitting .364 to lead the hitters. The averages are starting to come up for the top of the order.

I got hammered with injuries to my starting pitching. Jack Chesbro went down 4-5 months with a broken elbow. Hippo Vaughn went down 4-5 months with a torn labrum. Both pitchers were hurt in the beginning of June. Smoky Joe Wood is still out from last season from Tommy John surgery. My patched rotation has Walter Johnson (8-8, 1.91), Joe McGinnity (5-4, 1.93), Ed Killian (5-8, 2.50), Noodles Hahn (2-2, 1.67). Losing Vaughn (7-3, 1.80) hurt the most. Amazingly, the staff ERA is 3rd in the league and I am 1st in the league in both Hits and Runs given up.