View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #17
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
I don't know. It seems realistic to me.

I've had only minor shoulder problems, and they're bad enough, but I've known athletes that have gone through shoulder reconstruction surgery, and it's not pleasant. The pain is considerable. And those guys weren't pitchers!

So, it's possible that a pitcher just can't throw through the pain, i.e. he just can't play anymore. It's not a trivial injury either. If the shoulder just explodes, repair may not be possible:

-- Common injuries to pitchers and hitters - Fantasy Baseball - ESPN
Shoulder injuries are awful and complicated. If surgery isn't required, then painful physical therapy is, including such modern tortures as dry needling and A/STYM. A torn rotator cuff or labrum can be excruciating, keeping you awake at night and only allowing you to sleep on one side. If surgery is required, the days following the surgery are screaming agony, followed by weeks of pain because having the surgery means that you have to have physical therapy afterwards. Shoulders are a terrible thing to injure - in my experience worse and more painful than anything but knees.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote