View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #6
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

GM Dan Hampton called a press conference today to announce the first trade in Golden Knights history, and it’s an exciting move: Vegas has acquired Islanders prospect Josh Ho-Sang! Ho-Sang comes out west in exchange for LW Joseph Blandisi, AHL defenseman Trevor Murphy, and Vegas’ 7th round pick in the 2018 draft.

“We think Josh is an exciting prospect who’s looked good in his first taste of NHL action this year,” Hampton was quoted as saying. “I think he’s a guy who’s going to turn into a star in this league, and we’re happy to have him shine out here in Las Vegas.”

Some feel Ho-Sang was moved by Islanders GM Garth Snow because of his supposed “character issues” - when asked if he had reservations about bringing a player with that history to the City of Lights, Hampton responded strongly. “Josh is an amazing young man who will offer us an element we don’t have, and I’m not going to let things in the past dictate how we build our team. He’s shown good maturity this year playing with a captain like John Tavares, and I’m sure the leadership in our locker room is going to keep him toeing that line.”

So far in the 2017-18 season, Ho-Sang has played 38 games with the Isles, scoring 4 goals and adding 7 assists while averaging 11:04 of ice time each night. Blandisi averaged 12:20 per night in 49 games, going 6-12-18; Murphy played 27 games for the AHL team in Lowell, going 2-9-11 in 17:27 each night. Blandisi is expected to maintain his role as a 3rd liner in New York, while Murphy will give the Islanders added depth; Coach Richardson has not given much information about Ho-Sang’s role on the team. This move happened on the first day of the Golden Knights’ bye week, so Ho-Sang will have plenty of time to practice with his new teammates before hitting the ice in a game situation.
dannibalcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote