View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #59
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
no I don't think people who play PT care about the specifics of the PBP model as long as it's roughly right. the entire PBP model needs a revamp as it's clearly results-y. like they are not modelling a play, they are just rolling a dice and then creating trying to context around the result
Yes, it's always been that way, it's not a physics based game. The ball is never going deep in the hole to SS, there is no ball. The game rolls dice and gets a result based on real life percentages (if the ball is hit and then where balls are hit and how those balls play out, with a ton of variables) and then builds a pbp and now video to represent what happened. FM plays the same way, IE it simulates a game and then makes a video and pbp to fit after. It's not a secret.

You can argue the pbp can be improved to make a better picture and I'll agree. Doesn't matter if it's done for PT or OOTP both will benefit. If PT is the cash machine, finances a bigger team of coders than OOTP has, that's just fine by me again both games benefit. And it will take a huge effort to change the pbp, it's a lot of text and variables that left to the old OOTP only model may not get done in the next 10 years.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote