View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #16
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
If you have the development engine enabled along with recalc, it does kick in.

A drawback for doing a recreation with it enabled is that accumulated injuries will take a performance toll on players. The best example I have seen of this is with an injury plagued Babe Ruth when using recalc and player development. Ruth had a lengthy career with rate numbers more like Gorman Thomas than the Sultan. I do not think this will happen when player dev is not enabled, but I am not completely sure.

Using recalc and player dev I have had Bobby Murcer rival Honus Wagner as greatest career SS ever, even though there was no RL SS data for Murcer once he returned from the Service.

ADD: Goldschmidt gets a very favorable end point to his RL data and the development engine takes it from there. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3731591
Goldschmidt is exactly the type of player I'm talking about. I'm just not sold that the development engine kicks in once he is past his real life playing career. I don't want to set injuries at high to force players to decline. With development on, I think players like Goldschmitdt progress in a much more realistic manner.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote