View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 12:14 AM   #14
fuzzy_patters
All Star Starter

4/10-4/12/70 4 games vs Milwaukee

4/10 Brewers 7 White Sox 6
We had a big lead 6-3 going into the seventh when starter Gerry Janeski got into trouble. With the score 6-5, I brought in Wood, who was ineffective allowing one run in the seventh and the game winning run in the ninth. Ossie Blanco hit his second homer in three games, so I guess we have that going for us.

Elsewhere, Washington Senators catcher Johnny Roseboro has announced that he will retire at the end of the season at the age of 35.

4/11 Brewers 5 White Sox 2
Ken Frailing was amazing through eight innings taking a 5-hit shutout into the ninth. Then he loaded the bases up, so I brought in Wilbur Wood in relief. Wilbur proceeded to give up a 2-run single and a three-run homer to blow it. I'm not sure what to do about this bullpen. Jack Hamilton did retire two of the three batters he faced in relief of Wood in what was Hamilton's first appearance of the season. Maybe he should get another shot soon.

4/12 Game 1 White Sox 11 Brewers 9
We finally won one, but even when we win, it is ugly. Tommy John was cruising through 8 taking an 11-3 lead into the ninth. After he allowed two runs, I went out to talk to him. He said that he had hit a speed bump but was accelerating again, so I left him in. After a grand slam cut the lead to two, I brought in Wood to close it out. He was finally able to do so successfully for the first time this season. Also of note, Luis Aparicio left the game with back spasms and will be day-to-day for the next week.

4/12 Game 2 Brewers 13 White Sox 7
We still can't pitch. Hinton was awful from the first pitch, but I left him in through 5 anyway so that I could save the bullpen. He allowed 11 runs with 10 of them earned. A three-run bottom of the fifth cut the deficit to 11-6, but it wasn't enough.

So much for the home stand! Maybe we will be better on the road. Let's fly out to California!

Last edited by fuzzy_patters; 02-22-2020 at 12:16 AM.
fuzzy_patters is offline   Reply With Quote