View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 10:13 PM   #9
fuzzy_patters
All Star Starter

The End of Spring Training

We just finished our last spring training game. With most of my pitchers having similarly bad ratings, I'm going to let the results determine our major league roster where players are similar. Here is our 1970 pitching staff.

SP 1 Tommy John
SP 2 Joe Horlen
SP 3 Gerry Janeski
SP 4 Ken Frailing
SP 5 Rich Hinton

ST Wilbur Wood
MR Jerry Crider
MR Danny Murphy
MR Denny O'Toole
LR Jack Hamilton (out of options)
None (probably a mop-up role) Floyd Weaver (out of options)

The only one of my projected starters who was terrible in spring was Carlos May, and he should be one of my best players. Steven Houck seems to be learning to play right field okay, so I don't see any changes in the lineup from how we started the spring.

SS Luis Aparicio
LF Carlos May
3B Bill Melton
C Ed Herrmann
1B Ossie Blanco
RF Steven Houck
CF Ken Berry
2B Bobby Knoop

The bench will be a mixture of guys with good scouting reports, good spring stats, guys who give us a balance of right and left handed pinch hitters, guys who can pinch run, and guys who can play multiple positions. Our biggest weakness will be a lack of a third catcher because Doug Adams was completely awful all spring (0 hits and a .111 OBP).

C Duane Josephson
1B/OF Tommy McCraw
1B Gail Hopkins
UTIL Jerry Hairston
CF Buddy Bradford (out of options)
LF/RF Walt Williams

All of this is subject to change, though, as I will be checking the waiver wire to see who doesn't make other teams' rosters. I will also be looking to upgrade at second base at some point, since that is a goal of my owner's.
fuzzy_patters is offline   Reply With Quote