View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 05:39 AM   #8
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Unfortunately, there are so many different Android devices and OS versions that we do not have a certain path where the files can be found.

From our platform layer expert:
The exact path can vary depending on the device/os version.

OOTP tries to load an OBB file and if that fails, it downloads a TAR/GZIP file from our server and unpacks it on the device.
On my device it starts /storage/emulated/sdcard0/0/ but you will need to find the path for your device. OBB files are downloaded to .../Android/obb/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/main.xx.com.ootpdevelopments.iootp.obb and can be considered like .iso files as they are mounted to a system path.

There are 3 main issues with the .obb file, 1) GooglePlay does not always download the file correctly or at all! 2) the file downloads fine, checksum file but the contents is corrupt! I think this happens the at the pack stage. 3) Some devices (my new LG G3 included which is a new model) does not support mounting obb files.

TAR/GZIP file is downloaded to

.../Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files and extracted to .../Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files/TarData_v1. Once the extraction has completed the tar file is removed to save space.

Hope that helps.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote