View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Maybe we should be asking, what is the purpose for this argument over "cash"? Is it that you want to trade said cash? If so, I think it's pretty clear that "current balance" means cash, not "starting balance" which may as well be called "balance some time ago" or "cash some time ago". If it's for $ for FA or extensions, then no that's something else entirely.

As you already probably realize, OOTP is not at all good at naming or displaying or processing (why are some things lump sums when they probably shouldn't be and others are not?) financials and so it can be confusing, but just because the game calls it something (in the editor here which was probably thrown together) doesn't mean it is that something. Sometimes you need to use common sense to figure things out, which I think you have here, rather than just rely on what you see.

I'm going to move the thread to the managers' lounge as I think it's more of an online league question.
While you're correct that the game does a poor job naming things, in this case the Team Financial Report has it right. What is listed in the "CASH" field there is exactly what the team has available for cash on hand. Not only is this viewable in the team editor but you can verify it through other means. For instance, try to execute a trade where a team possessing a negative value in the "CASH" field but a positive value in the "CURRENT BALANCE" field attempts to include cash in the deal. You will be prevented from doing so; OOTP will report that the team has no cash on hand to trade. Indeed that is correct, as "CURRENT BALANCE" factors in expected revenue that hasn't yet been earned.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote