View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #45
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsyr View Post
I dont know if it counts or not, but I like to be able to use a custom teams up to 5 or 6 in modern and historical modes...Thats what I always look for in sim games like FHM, I'm an old APBA player and still use that program because of the simplicity of it and yet it is quite accurate. I can add as many teams and or players very easily...and if I want to skew the parameters on players, the game responds to it...Is there a way to have the future FHM3 be more responsive to such adjustments?
I donīt know APBA but simulates it more then just the NHL? When you add teams in FHM, you have to account for the farm teams, so you have to edit the AHL and ECHL as well, you need new schedules (and schedule generator are really, really hard to accomplish), the player pool is not enough anymore, so you have to account for that as well, more teams means more games, so your schedule becomes longer. But what about events after the season, is there still enough time for it? Add in international tournaments like the Olympics or World Cup and it becomes a nightmare.

Thatīs what I try to explain: adding teams is simple but everything that depends on this change is not easy at all, especially if you simulate not just one league but hundreds (and 20+ of them playable).

And if we have to decide between two big new features (and I pick random, not that I promise them for FHM 3 ), let`s say international teams + tournaments and more customization (in fictional leagues or in the modern game which becomes fictional then) and we have only time for one, then we have to think which of the two will make more people happy. Hopefully, at some point in the future, we can add another coder to the game, then it will be a different story but until then we have to make hard decisions based on the best results for us.