View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I actually don't have any of those cards to sell you. But, I just am dropping in to say I love this idea as a thread.

Like the OP, I have a strong disdain for "used" players. It's gotten so bad that when I purchase a player (even one I really want to use badly) and that player already has accumulated stats, I will turn around and re-sell right away. I was using a gold Mookie Betts (a pretty hot card in the AH) that was hitting .350 for me earlier this week, but I had to get rid of it because I noticed that it had a partial year's worth of stats. LOL. Sometimes the stats don't appear right away which adds some additional uncertainty...

Maybe we can use this thread as a repository for all kinds of requests/transactions involving cards in so-called "mint" condition.
Thanks man, you totally get where I'm coming from. And yeah, the stats sometime take a while to show up. It might be when every half-hour simulation kicks in. My latest superstition is to immediately deactivate a card when I purchase it, then keep it there until Monday. Then I hope the statless player can be locked-in that way. It seems to have worked for a couple cards, but they may have been "mint" already. Will keep using that tactic and find out.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote