View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #12
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Meant for the league to have 6 in-country nationals... that is national by club nation not league nation ..

but AI is not set-up to follow that set-up as I understand ... that is what Jeff is lookign into i think .. to see how the saved game reacts to such a custom set-up .. where there are clubs outside the set country of the league (for me it is Germany)

so I set it at allowing 14 foreigners .. as 6 should be 'national' .. but not working ..

I also might want to change it to allowing only 5 non-EU players...

waiting to see what is up
The problem in my opinion is that the game works with "regions" and this concept doesn't really fit European way of doing things. It would be much easier (for us) to have just 1 nation, let's say Germany, then have a series of flags like "max foreigners", "min. domestic players", "count player from home nation as domestic", "max non-EU players", "min EU players", and so on. In the game, you can set one region, once it's set, you can't change it. With flags it would be more versatile, and you could set multiple and complicate rules.
That said, it's just my opinion, I have no clue in understanding if this would be complicated and/or time spending. My guess, though, is that we will hardly see any improvement to the way this kind of rules are customizable in the game for now, as I guess very few people would be interested in this kind of editing. I think that we can just wait for FHM6 to have more options opened.
I would also love to be able to edit teams' budgets, to tune finances, have more impact of this kind of things within a league. I would like to expand the KHL, but I stopped because teams act in a weird way, like signing no domestic players, and we also can't edit teams budgets. In short, we can either have a NHL2 via custom leagues or having a bad KHL.
Already having a chance to edit affiliations in the KHL would go a long way, hopefully we'll get it before FHM6.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote