Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:14 AM   #72
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
If he didnt want to play he shouldnt have signed the contract.
You cant allow players to sabotage a trade after he has signed a contract with that new team. I have no problem if they hold out or refuse a trade but what AB did was dishonest. This isnt like a player considering two offers in free agency and leading a team to believe they will sign the player but he signs with another team. This is AFTER he signed. He did not even try to honor his contract.
The Raiders acted in good faith but he had no intention of playing for them. I have no problem with him wanting to go to the Patriots but the NFL should not let players do what he did. It cost the Raiders draft picks and preparing for a season with him at wr.
I would feel the same way if it was against your team or the teams i dont like.
I doubt if the patriots had anything to with it but im sure his agent did.
Doesnt matter cause if he pulls his act in New England he wont last the season. I dont care for the patriots but we know Belicheck wont put up with it.
AB needs the patriots for a ring. The patriots can use him but they dont need him.
I will never hope a player gets injured but i do hope he joins the me me no championship club along with Owens, Moss and Johnson.
The key here is the Raiders released him. They didn't have to do that and could have punished him themselves but chose not to do so. His contract already devolved into a week to week basis. They could have suspended him and just carried him all year. But they chose not to do so. Now you want the league to step in where the Raiders did not? Oh yeah, buyer beware.

One more thing. What were the Raiders thinking anyway? Since when does a team rebuilding ever hire high profile mercs? That's usually a team trying to put themselves over the top, like the Patriots. So I don't see where the Raiders were going with that.

Last edited by Ragnar; 09-09-2019 at 12:16 AM.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote