View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 12:29 AM   #18
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Here we are, the championship series. All year long I was expecting to play Parma, turns out it is UnipolSai. It's a seven game set, and we are going in without our number two starter. Scary. But we should be able to win this.

Maestri gets the start for game 1. No brainer, he's our ace, and we have to trust that the bullpen doesn't blow it.

And we take it. Rough first frame, Maestri gives up 2, but we end up winning 6-4. Maestri was throwing well, but he gets injured with a strained shoulder and is out for 4 days. Not good, he's going to have to play through it though.

With Maestri and Ortega day to day, we go to Germano for game 2. And get obliterated 16-0. I don't even know where to start, just complete crap from everyone. We move on.

Game 3 is interesting. With both starters hurt and Germano tired, Manager Chiarini requests that I take over managerial duties to handle our "fireman" bullpen rotation. We are going all hands on deck for this game, and since Chiarini is the manager and playing center, he can't do both. Mareo Galeotti gets his first start of the year, in an important game 3. He does well, giving up 3 in 7 innings pitched, with only 2 earned after a passed ball. Personally, I did not manage this game as well as I should of. Left Galeotti in too long, and we loose 3-0.

Game 4 goes back to Maestri, and he has a terrible start. Gives up 5 in 4 innings, bullpen is garbage again, and we loose 13-7. I don't even know what to say anymore. We should have swept these guys, and instead we are down 3-1 in the series.

Germano starts for game 5. He's got 8 control, and I trust that he can do well, as he has the entire year. Just a calming presence. And we do win, 8-3, with Germano giving up his first walk of the season. That's the type of pitcher he is. Willie Vasquez has had a great season this year, and he's continued it in this postseason, going 3-4 today and .476 this series. Now we are down 3-2 going into the 6th.

Back to Maestri again for game 6. Ortega is going to be out for the season, so we are down to just Maestri and Germano.

Maestri has his absolute worst start this year and we lose 6-3, ending our season. He gave up 5 in the second and that pretty much sealed the deal. Super disappointing, not the way I wanted this season to end.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote