View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 12:02 AM   #14
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Our first series after the trade deadline is against Novara, a team that we should sweep.

Maestri threw a gem in the first game, going 8 and a third with 12 strikeouts, and we win 11-5. Chiarini hit his 3rd homer. However Alex Romero, the outfielder we got in the trade, ended up getting injured with quad soreness. He will be day to day for the next week.

Game 2 is another win, 5-0. Nothing really interesting, except Vasquez went 4-4. Glad that we continue to rack up the easy wins, I desperately want the championship.

After the easy road trip, we head to Parma in one of the most important series of the season. We are just past the halfway mark now, and after this series, we will be over 60%. Parma currently has the tiebreaker over us, so I really want to win both of these games.

No time to mess around, we go back to Maestri for the first game, and win it 3-2. It was a hard fought win, as they scored first in the 4th, but we responded with a 3 run 6th. Parma picked up another one in the 8th, but we seal it and take an important first game. Chiarini does a spectacular job managing the game, putting in Garate in a high leverage situation, rather than waiting for the 9th. Garate did his best to blow it by walking 4, but that's not the point. Just a well played game, and we have the momentum heading to game 2.

And we pull out game 2! Got a bit hairy in the ninth, as Scotti nearly blew the save by giving up a run, but we win 2-1. Ortega had a good start going 6 and a third, while striking out 8. Mattia Reginato hit his second homer of the year. Our win streak is now up to 11 in a row, hopefully I don't jinx it.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote