View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 12:44 AM   #3
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Getting right into it, I signed 4 Italians, and an Dominican. An important rule of the league is that the active roster can only have 6 foreign born players, the rest have to be Italians. It is kind of an annoying rule, but it makes it more interesting.

My current active roster had 11 foreign players on it, which means I needed to grab some Italians quick, and also look through my reserve roster to get my roster in check. The Italians I got are not great, but a few high potential relievers and a center fielder.

Claudio Scotti-RP 34/75 NEU 7/6/6 POT Stuff/Mvmt/Con, 7 Potential Changeup
--liked the change, not sure if he is a reserve or active guy, depends on foreign
Ludovico Coveri-RP 30/76 NEU 6/5/4, FB/SL/CH all are pot 6's.
--should be on reserve roster all year
Federico Giordani-CF 20/65 6 POT Contact, 6 Range
--should be the start CF, which says a lot about our OF
Nicolo Clemente-RP 39/77 NEU 6/5/6
-- nothing stands out, but everything is nearly maxed and should be a solid reliever.

Juan Habisail Diaz-1B
--Diaz will be our starting first baseman, has 6 power, 6 contact, 6 avoid tools w/ a 6 range. Our current 1b is a good defender but with a 4 power, so that's not going to cut it. He also is a good pitcher, who was not listed as a RP, so I scooped him up and made him a 2b. Nothing is really impressive about his pitching, but he throws 92-94 and is a groundball pitcher, which fits my overall philosophy.

As far as a philosophy, I look for groundball pitchers and kind of build the team around that. For groundball pitchers, you need to have good groundball defense, which thankfully the team already has. Unfortunately, our starting pitching distribution is 1 GB, 2 FB, and 1 NEU. I will try to trade one FB for a GB, if the GB pitcher is good. Our rotation is actually solid despite the bad profiles. Also, 3/4 of our SP are international, which makes sense because the most important positions are SP, SS, CF and the best players are international, so I want to focus there. I know I violated that by getting Diaz, but I feel that his 2 way profile adds value. If he struggles though, we can always trade him.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote