View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

Decided to post my response some of Bradley's PM'ed questions here - this is the entire process.

Hi Bradley - sorry for the tardiness of my response. These instructions are long but I hope you'll be able to do everything and enjoy the QS. When I was simulating through these seasons to make the league history, it usually took me about an hour to do all of these steps. So you'll have about an hour of work per each season of your team. Hopefully it's worth it

First, I've attached a few files. Create a folder on your computer called "NCAA OOTP 18". Put "Selection Factors.csv" inside this folder. Inside this folder, create a sub-folder called "Draft". Put "draft values.csv" and "draftorder2018.csv" inside this folder. Inside the "NCAA OOTP 18" folder, create another sub-folder called "SelectionResults". Put "skeleton2018.csv" inside this folder.

I can't attach R code on the forums, so the code is here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vfbz...rzqdacr/shared

1) On February 1st, we need to clear and re-load the "tournament" or (out-of-conference) schedules. For each of the 5 regions (Atlantic, Midwest, South, West, and Northeast), go to League Settings --> Options --> Edit League Schedule. Then clear the schedule and import the new one. You can search for the new schedule using the key word "Atlantic" for the Atlantic region, etc.

2) To use the code, you'll first need to download the software package RStudio. It's totally free and widely used in academic statistics settings. Here's the link:

https://www.rstudio.com/products/rst...load/#download

After you get that set up, you'll use three code "scripts" that I have written.

3) Once all of the conference tournaments are finished, it's time to use the StandingsImport.R code to get the conference standings into a usable format. Do this the very next day after conference tourneys end. To export the stats from the game, go to League Settings --> Functions and click "Export Player Stats". That will take a minute or two, because the file is large. Once the process is complete, the game should give you the file path where it saved the stats on your computer. Copy this file path and paste it into line 5 of StandingsImport.R in place of my file path.

4) Run StandingsImport.R by highlighting the entire code file and hitting the "Run" button in RStudio. This will create a file called "selectionresults2018.csv"

5) Open up that file. We need to manually enter tiebreaker info because OOTP doesn't export that data manually. To do this, go through each conference's standings. If two teams have the same number of wins (and are in the same division, for conferences with divisions), then we need to break the tie. Note which team is displayed higher in OOTP's standings and put "0.1" in the tiebreaker column of selectionresults2018.csv for that team. In the case of a 3+ team tie, give the top team 0.2 and the second team 0.1, etc etc. Save the CSV file when you're done.

6) Now we're ready to use "selectioncommittee.R". Run this code. In the "Environment" section of RStudio, you should see an object called "qualifiers". This gives you the order in which you can enter the NCAA tournament teams. Go to the custom playoff page in OOTP (League Settings --> Options --> Customize Playoffs) and enter in the teams in that order. Now you're set for the tournament!

7) On September 5th, it's time to set the draft order for each conference. Open the R code "DraftOrdererForForums.R". Update the current year on line 5 and paste that same file path from step 2 into line 81. Then run the code. This creates draft order files that OOTP can read.

8) Now, we have to read these in to OOTP. Frustratingly, OOTP can't read them all in at the same time because it can only read in draft files that are called "draft.csv". So, here's what we do. Open up the folder that contains your OTP draft files. On your computer, this is within the OOTP saved game folder for your game, in the "import_export" folder. For one conference, change the file name of it's draft file to "draft.csv". Then, in OOTP, go to Transactions --> Draft Order --> Import/Export --> Import Draft Order for that conference. Then delete that file from the folder and do the whole process for the next conference. Yes, this process is very tedious, hopefully the developers make this easier at some point.

9) On November 4th (day before draft day), it's time to delete the graduating seniors. Go to Transactions --> Find A Player --> [Conference Name] Player List. Set up a filter for players 22 and older. Then delete all of these players. You'll have to do this separately for every conference too.

In all likelihood, I have forgotten something. I apologize in advance. I realize these are a lot of instructions, but hopefully it will work for you!
Attached Files
File Type: csv skeleton2018.csv (16.3 KB, 181 views)
File Type: csv draftorder2018.csv (17.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: csv draftvalues.csv (6.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: csv Selection Factors.csv (1.5 KB, 163 views)
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote