View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #71
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
2) The ability to uncouple the draft class from the game so that you could upload draft classes into games started under older versions of OOTP and subsequently upgraded. What's going to happen to me when 20 comes out is that I'm still going to be playing a league I started in OOTP13 and have since upgraded to 14, 15, etc., as I've bought the new versions. I don't want to restart the game in 20 as I would lose my universe. But I'm increasingly having to deal with fictional players, because I don't have access anymore to the real draft classes. There are some guys playing MLB right now that aren't in my game at all. So I need the functionality to be able to merge the OOTP20 draft class into an upgraded OOTP13 game, played under OOTP20. Every time I make this suggestion, someone shoots it down as "OOTP isn't going to let people use current draft classes in old games because no one would ever buy the new game then," which isn't what I'm asking to do. There seems to be some lack of reading comprehension on their part.
More generally the ability to import draft classes from CSVs would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
3) Split-squad rules in spring training games.
Definitely. That alone would make Spring Training far more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I can name a major one: a comprehensive playoff customization system which not only is able to recreate all the playoff formats currently used by real-world leagues* but also allows a huge range of fictional, user-created formats.

I have such a system mostly worked out. I'll hopefully get it written up and pitched to Matt & co. later this week.

*For several of the real-world leagues included in OOTP, their actual playoff formats cannot be recreated at present and have to be simplified/fictionalized.
Glad to see you still pushing for this, LGO.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote