View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #32
tzach
Bat Boy

This is awesome, Jim. It is well beyond what anyone could expect from a free patch, and certainly adds value to the money invested by all of us who bought the game almost two years ago now. I'm not sure how many other developers have this as practice, but i bet they are not many. a big thank you.

the new version is fantastic -- i cannot emphasize enough how much this adds to the dimension of the game. game plan generators, guided game plans, and control over blitzing schemes address what many of us were hoping to have in FOF9. Having these controls in FOF8 will keep me happy for a while, and give me a chance to explore the logic that is being implemented in FOF9.

I absolutely love the tweaked contract decision tree -- I'm happy that this aspect was not removed from the game, as it adds an interesting strategy layer to contracts. i'll spend a while trying to figure out how the new contract system works and how it can be used to build a competitive roster.

all in all, the revised version will make the game more challenging to me and make me reflect about football, which is what i expect from this simulation. thanks again for providing this update for free.