View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #203
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
1965 Huh!! That's awesome. I was born in '60. Started playing Strat-o-matic in 1970 and never looked back as far as baseball stat sims go. What you said about this game hits home Tigerfan. I've learned so much about players I didn't know existed until I played all my various replays. I've been playing since OOTP3 and I've tried just about every way to play. Historical replay is still my favorite with just a little chance involved to make it interesting. Toad Ramsey finally wasn't so dominating this year!! I'm like you when I sim a replay. I get to the 60's and 70's and start watching the results more because my boyhood heroes have arrived.

I like to play random debut, starting 1920 or later also, for the what if factor. Anyway, I'm babbling. Keep the reports coming. Love this stuff.
Thank you. Much the same story for me but it was a game called Extra Innings first for me when I was about 9 or 10. I remember bugging my parents to order SOM for me when I saw ads in book but they ordered Extra Innings instead for some reason. It turned out great as not only could you play the game but you could rate your own players as well.

I remember trying to play out the entire 1973 season with that dice game. Think I got until about mid-May before it fizzled it but probably took me a year to get that far. (Cue my old man voice) Kids today don't know how easy they got it with a computer that can sim a season in minutes. Back in my day we had to roll dice and look up the result of every play.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote