View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 05:36 AM   #21
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
First results from my tests (I need to further update my NHL data but I have enough data for a first look):

In the game I track how many games a player misses due to injuries (so I take only major injuries into account that make it impossible to play). The info I store is "how many linked games does a player miss", so in the end I know exactly how many player had e.g. an injury that made them miss 3 linked games, 5 linked games or 56 linked games. I also have the total number of injuries and I have them separated by goalies, defender and forwards.

You will not like the results but we are actually quit a bit below the real world data (especially goalies). We are pretty spot on for different length types (1-5 games and 1-14 games compared to 6-82 and 15-82 is almost the same as in reality).

I will continue to update my NHL data and, if the trend holds true, update the injuries in game. But I will also look into making injury frequency optional (basically like OOTP with a Realistic setting and a default average value which is below that and 2-3 more steps). That way everyone should be happy.

I figured that was the case just from a feeling and eye ball test! Injury frequency slider would be the best bet for everyone. I’m already excited for FHM 5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote