View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 07:21 AM   #49
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
Our first round pick made his first start last Friday. Pretty rough going for Antoine. He took the L after 5.2 IP. But, here's the thing. The next night, yes the very next night, Skip brought him in to relieve. I mean the kid had just thrown 112 pitches, which from what I hear is about 22 more than what upper management expects, and then without any rest the skip had him toss 22 more pitches. From what I hear owner Bruno Fourcade was furious. Which made the Le Diamant GM and Asst. GM furious.

Some of us think Mr. Coleman maybe wants to get fired. I mean why would an experienced manager mishandle the #1 pick in the draft? We know his contract expires at the end of the season but none of us expect him to be around at the end of the year. The higher ups arrived in town today. I mean, it's rare to see any of them when we are on the road in a place like Montreal, but, to see all 3 at the same time...I don't know.

Anyway, here is Antoine's summary of both games. You can see the dates and pitch counts, because it's so bizarre I wasn't sure anyone would believe it without the proof!
Not exactly easing in a 16-year old kid
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote