View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 10:49 PM   #47
stevem810
All Star Starter

It happened

When we arrived at the park tonight we learned the news that the skip has been fired. His locker was cleaned out. It was kind of eerie with the team having to play without a manager. Our pitching coach is in charge (for now), but, all us suspect that it is very temporary.

I think we're all a bit shook up. I mean the first thing you think of is Mr. Coleman is no longer with us. The next question(s) are, who will replace him and how will it affect me? I wonder if I'll still be in the starting line up. Skip was pretty good about being patient with me, even though that was not his strong suit. Still, he was an 'out of the box' type manager. I liked his strategic style, but a lot of players thought it was too weird. You know, the guys who like to utilize the sacrifice, hit and run, stuff like that.

Well, we have a game to play so no time get caught up in team management issues. Coach Kevin Hubert told us to just focus on the game. All other questions will be answered in time.

We are at home against the Le Morne Rouge Tigers. We are 4 games behind the front runners in 3rd place. We have Matt Lund on the mound for us. He is 7-4 and most of us love playing behind him.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote