View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #73
Snider&Hodges
Minors (Single A)

I just recently found this thread and want to echo the thoughts of others who have mentioned that this is a really great read. Thanks Tiger Fan.

I may have missed mention of him previously, but could you speak more on Duke Snider and how he has or did end up your sim? It looks like he likely came up right in the middle of that '50s Philly dynasty - I'm wondering if he had pieces in those '55 and '57 pennant winners. Unfortunate that they went 40 years between pennants though!

Also, this is probably a stupid question - but I saw that you're using 3-year recalc. Does that mean the player's ratings in your sim are based on real life or on the game engine? And also - I'm new to the game - if you're using ratings based on real stats/3-year recalc, how does the game treat player ratings for players that retired in real life but are still kicking in the sim league? For instance, I saw your Christy Mathewson played until 1921, although in real life, he retired after 1916. How were his ratings treated from 1917-1921?

Sorry for the questions.
Snider&Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote