View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #192
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

@Fishbreath, this is EXACTLY what I needed for my NCAA feeder league!

See, I based it off teams from the 1967 season (since I have about 100 sets of "retro" uniforms thanks to TXRanger, and since I didn't want more than one college league I had to do something a bit different with my structure.

I've got 60 teams, 30 teams in each subleague, but the number of teams per division is not equal between them (due to how I set the league structure up, based on geographical location of the school).

So basically, here's my league structure - SL1_D1_T10_D2_T10_D3_T10_SL2_D1_T5_D2_T5_D3_T10_D4 _T10.

A bit of an unorthodox setup, but it's how I wanted it set up.

Now comes the tricky part. I wanted a balanced AND interleague schedule, since I plan on having a double-elim tourney at the end of the season.

I then looked at the settings file for the MLB schedule that was included, and saw how it was setup. Out of 162 games, 44% were divisional games, 37% were subleague, and 19% were interleague.

So I took those percentages and plugged them into a formula for each in my spreadsheet. For my feeder league schedule, I plugged in 50 games on my sheet, and it told me that I needed 22, 19, and 9.

But after many attempts at frustration, I finally figured out what the numbers needed to be in the series section to allow it to generate a schedule, and I ended up with 24, 18 and 8.

I then went into OOTP and had it generate a schedule from the league structure page, and went into the options and was pleased to see the schedule I had just made with your nifty little program!

I then tried all the other balanced/interleague combinations without touching anything else, and it created those too! (Attached for anyone that wants them).

Sorry about writing a book folks, but I am excited that now there is a semi-automated process for creating schedules.
Attached Files
File Type: zip schedules.zip (29.0 KB, 112 views)
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote