View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
TBiz
Major Leagues

Path to Glory: Toronto Maple Leafs

I've got my Desktop back up and running so i'll be taking a second round at my path to glory with the Toronto Maple Leafs (This time I will not be getting the crash due to deleting the dots!) I will keep my other NHL League Dynasty going when on my lap top, but this will be the main one now. I hope you enjoy.

Name:  Toronto Banner.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  22.7 KB
The Introduction:
The Toronto Maple Leafs have had their rough years time and time again. They've been in "rebuild" mode 2005/2006 *Lockout Year* and since have only made the playoffs once out of the past 11 seasons.

2012/2013 was the year they made it, went into game 7 with a two goal lead against Boston, where they looked to be advancing, but Boston never giving up, scored 2 goals in less then 3 mins left in the 3rd to tie the game up and go into overtime. The overtime would last just 6:05 as Boston would score again and crush the Toronto Nationwide Fans.

Now in 2016/2017. The leafs have built to this point a young and talented roster for ages to come and look to be close to making a splash back into the Playoffs picture for years to come.

The Goals:
1. Rebuild Team at Owners Request.
My plans to rebuild will require the obvious, getting draft picks.
I will also be needed a more reliable contributor at the Right Wing position and Require a top 2-4 Defenceman to contribute to a below average 6/7 man rotation as is.

2. Eventually make playoffs.
Not expecting much the first two years. The rebuilds going to be much more pushed towards the future, rather than forcing a one time hit in the near future.

3. Backing up
Need someone we trust to back up Andersen when back to back games happen and/if Andersen's out for a long period of time due to injury.

The Key Players:
Auston Matthews
Our newly acquired Center will be the face of the rebuild, so building around him is a must.

Rielly, Andersen, Marner
These three are expected to be here for the long hall. They're almost untouchable when it comes to trade talks, but if the rare gem came up, which would need to be a lot, they'd consider it.

Nylander, Kadri, Gardiner, van Riemsdyk
These guys are expected to be around, but part of the rebuild, could be used to bait in the needs addressed above.

Enroth Not Likely Here
He's on the roster now, but expect him to move for something more reliable to come up.

Last edited by TBiz; 01-18-2017 at 08:07 PM.
TBiz is offline   Reply With Quote