View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #106
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I really think Derek Fisher got the shaft. And from his mentor and pal Phil Jackson!

Fisher got handed a terrible Knicks team. After only a season and a half, they were showing signs of improvement until this recent losing streak.

Given where the team was when he took over, and the short time that he was in charge, I would say he was not given a fair shot to finally turn the team around and enjoy their resurrection. [It was only on January 29 that the Knicks blew out the Suns and everybody was upbeat and optimistic.]

They say he was a decent coach, a motivator and tactician. But lose 9 of 10 and you're outta here! I can hear him telling Jackson, "Thanks for the opportunity, Phil. Thanks a lot."

Here's my take: You bring me in to manage a terrible team like the 2014-2015 NY Knicks (17-65) in a season where nobody is blaming the coach because it is obvious that the players are a bunch of lazy losers led by a sulky and selfish superstar. You give me at least one FULL season after that, having made some roster upgrades, to turn things around. You don't dump me mid-season because I have only gone from a .207 to a .426 winning percentage in half a season.

Phil Jackson is starting to get on my nerves. I am thinking of starting a "Why do people hate Phil Jackson?" thread.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 02-09-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote