View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #89
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Good post except for the aspersion about Knicks fans. I think we fans have been very patient, considering that we have not won a title in 40 years while other franchises have won plenty.

We are just frustrated with year after year of poorly performing teams that don't perform with heart and effort and I am talking about all the way back to the 90's when I last respected this team.

Then, all of the dumbhead moves. Think of Antonio McDyess. Think of Eddie Curry. Think of Raymond Felton. Think of Amar’e Stoudemire. Think of Andrea Bargnani.

Think of all the good players and picks that the Knicks have given up and who went on to star elsewhere. And on and on - this article is demonstrative.

Now think of all the money the Knicks have wasted on marginal free agents at best. Not just wasting money, but also getting themselves into salary cap trouble in the bargain. Read this article for a reminder.

By the way, we have not talked yet about another recent blunder. The Knicks traded two future 2nd round picks to the 76'ers for the rights to Guillermo Hernangomez, a center from Spain. Sounds good, eh?

Think again. This is a guy who is not very good in his current European league and who has not even committed to coming to the NBA in the first place! Yet we give up 2 future second round players who might already be NBA-ready for just the rights to this guy.

No sir. This is not being spoiled. This is frustration with an organization that cannot put together a winner in New York City. This is frustration with losing 65 games and yet mismanaging the advantage of being a lottery team, so no solace for suffering through a season like that one.

The common denominator over time is ownership by the Madison Square Garden corporation and management by the dumb-as-a-stump son of Cablevision founder Charles Dolan, James Dolan. Dad's money bought MSG and put Jimmy in charge. Everyone who comes to work for him turns into a yes man, although the jury on Jackson is still out.

But if all this was Jackson's idea, I'm baffled. This is the genius of basketball?

I may not see another Knicks championship in my lifetime but I would settle for intelligent management decisions and competitive players who play with heart and consistent effort. I don't think that makes me spoiled.

It makes me frustrated.
He is the Coaching genius of basketball not the managing genius. (Like Billy Beane)

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote