Minors (Triple A)

Two Letters

December 31st, 2014
Dylan Bailey
33452 Tessaro Crescent
Apart. 432
Abbotsford, BC

Dylan,

I know you are a fan of hand written letters but my hand writing is too bad for that so I hope you don’t mind that I typed instead. Thanks for the birthday letter, I can’t believe you remembered. I’m sorry I haven’t really been responding too much, my year has been crazy between hockey and school and I’m not even in high school yet, I can’t imagine what it will be like next year. High school and Midget Leagues, it’ll be insane! And the WHL Draft is earlier than the O and the Q’s, so you will get drafted this August. Is there any team you really want to be drafted by? I bet you are hoping for Victoria or Vancouver so you don’t have to move that far away from home. But the Oil Kings or Hitmen would be so cool because you get to play in an NHL arena, the OHL doesn’t have any teams like that. I really like the Brandon Wheat Kings, but I doubt you want to play hockey in Manitoba, thats practically Ontario.

By the way, congrats on being named the best skater in Bantam Hockey. I knew you were good, but I didn’t realize just how good. I wonder if you are as good a skater as Brett Hull was when he was our age.

Talk to you soon,
Travis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 31st, 2014
Dylan Bailey
33452 Tessaro Crescent
Apart. 432
Abbotsford, BC

Hi again (read the other letter first),

I just got back from mailing you that first letter when I realized there were so many other things I wanted to tell you about.

Guess what I did two weeks ago. Scored! I know it’s not much to you, Mr. Hot Shot double digit goal scorer, but it was the first time I scored all year. I have been getting a lot of ice time on the PP recently, but I just try to feed the puck to the forwards and keep it in when the other team wants to clear it. My coach says being a right handed shot I should work on my slapper. So I figured I’d try it out during the PP. For one game every time I got the puck on the PP if there wasn’t someone right in front of me I tried to hit the net. If I shot that puck 10 times I must have put it on net twice, but one of those times I could just sort of feel it in the air. I pulled back and I hammered it like Mapleton did. I guess it went faster than it had all night, or the goalie was just too slow getting to the other side of the net, but when I saw the ref point… I don’t know, it was just awesome. I doubt I’ll score much more this year, but that goal was so cool to have, and it was a home game that my sister actually made it to. She is part of a dance company in Anola so she doesn't get to come to a lot of games.

I realized that I never gave you my cell phone number at camp. It’s 807-468-5386.

I hope you have a good rest of your season. They are going to be fighting over you at the draft, I just know it.

Your Friend,
Travis

Last edited by BeanSobie; 03-11-2015 at 10:29 AM.
BeanSobie is offline   Reply With Quote