View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #153
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpertDBA View Post
I've read through this entire thread I believe, and still have no idea what Black/Grey Ink is, what the other 2 HOF numbers are and how the 4 of these get calculated as well. Is there any way you can expound upon what these numbers are and how they are determined, for us newbies?
The four numbers are explained here (scroll about half way to get to the Black Ink): Leaderboard Glossary - Baseball-Reference.com

HOFm is shorthand for the Hall of Fame Monitor. HOFs is shorthand for the Hall of Fame Career Standards Test. These are described directly below the Ink explanations. For my uses, I have tweaked a couple items. For instance, I do give a point on the HOFm for a no-hitter. I also now distribute post-season pitching HOFm points over the entire play-offs, in a proportional manner, when a pitcher's team reaches the WS in a given season. I originally did this for expedience sake, but then realized that this metric was developed before there were nultiple rounds of play-offs and few HOFers of the time had played in the play-off era, at all. I like this method and have implemented it for the follow-up league.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 02-01-2013 at 05:10 PM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote