View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #29
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Thank you for the detailed post, I appreciate it!!

You may have misunderstood me on this section, there are usually like 10-12 international free agents and they always seem to come in and dominate the league. I think there should be some that do, but they ALL seem too. Even the 3 star ones, maybe I am too picky I don't know lol.

As for the draft it seems like its always loaded with pitchers and every year the top 10 to go are usually 8 or 9 out of 10 pitchers. But as you said with mirroring real life, I guess its not a huge deal.

On this topic... I notice every off season once free agency starts the game populates the FA pool with high talented 30 year old Asian players too who always kick ass. Maybe because I dont have feeders? Not sure why that is.

I am first and foremost a NHL fan, and in the NHL there has been a huge shift in younger talent from 18-30 and then players falling off hard. I may be too used to that, where in MLB players do last longer and develop a bit slower. I may tweak the age modifier though juuuuust a smidge. I recently had a guy play 20+ years and retire at 45 lol.

Yeah there are so many repeat winners of awards I noticed, year after year after year. I had one pitcher win 10 pitcher of year trophies, while cool, seems a bit drastic. Same can be said for all other awards where certain players just dominate a given award for 5-10 years/seasons.

Other than that this is my first fictional league I followed through with and I am loving it! If I can resolve my issues it'll be FANTASTIC!

Hmm. I'm not sure what to say about the large numbers of international free agents who end up being dominant players in your league. Now, granted my two major leagues only consist of 10 teams each but the number of international free agents for me each season isn't very large- usually 6-10 at most. And while a few do become stars in the league, I can't say that they are really dominant in my league.

I do use just one feeder league- collegiate level. It certainly sounds like you are experiencing some things that I haven't and I can't really say why.

As for aging, the evidence increasingly shows that in the post-steroids era (whatever that might mean) major league baseball players do show significant declines in performance starting in their early 30's (at least for position players- I believe that pitchers are shown to peak later and decline later) and indications are that peak age for an MLB player is earlier than we previously thought. The truth is that the aging settings that I use are not actually that realistic, but as it is a fictional league precise realism is really not my aim. I prefer it the way I have it, but an earlier decline would actually be more true to real life.
But again, find what feels right for you. It's your game.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote