View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Thanks for your work Alessandro, really.

Just finished my first season with Slovan Bratislava. Now to be fair this past season was the first I was following the KHL and the NHL lockout likely made a huge difference between the game and what actually happened, but here's what I noticed.

The league was incredibly unbalanced. For example Yugra finished 3-47-2 whereas SKA went 38-7-7. Not only that but there was a CLEAR divide between teams, with a 36 points difference between 9th and 10th in the West (25-24-3 versus 13-37-2 (yeah that was 10th of 14 teams)) and 39 points between 8th and 9th in the east (30-18-4 versus 17-32-3).
This is mostly because some teams (like Yugra, and Slovan), unfortunately haven't been properly rated yet, while others (like SKA) are 100% rated. In the next few builds you'll see a strong balancement of the teams.

Quote:
I also noticed that the scoring was rather high, but maybe that was just because I was getting blown out of lots of games as Slovan.
This is mostly because the whole game has 5.15 goals a game aka NHL scoring average. In the next builds every league will have its correct scoring average.

Quote:
The most noticable thing was the imbalance of the Russian teams having VHL and MHL teams to assign players to whereas my Slovan team could only stash a couple players on "reserve list". This is not right. In real life the Slovan team uses Slovakian league teams and the Slovak U-20 to send players down to, this should be adjusted. At least give Slovan the Orange team (SVK U-20 team that plays in SVK league) as a MHL equivalent and Skalica in the SVK as a VHL equivalent. Seems to make for a completely unfair atmosphere where Russian teams can have big prospect lists that Slovan doesn't have.
As I said in the second post, for now the KHL minors pyramid is rather broken, for both Russian and non Russian teams. Expect huge improvements with the next betas.

Quote:
Also what's with every KHL team having every player signed for 3 years? I know KHL info is hard to come by, but that kinda makes it wierd for the first 3 years where every player is locked in for so long (at least I assume since as I said I'm only done one year). Better to make them all 1 year contracts if no info is available, IMO.
This is a technical problem due to some internal stuff and also to the fact that non-NHL contracts are all 100% random in length, salary and conditions (you'll see veterans with KHL-VHL-YHL contracts, for example...)

Quote:
Also Jaroslav Janus is severely underrated
Slovan is not fully rated. Don't worry, as soon as possible Janus will be one of the top KHL goalies.