View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #41
DB930
Major Leagues

I became a bit of an *** fan last year--specifically the Hanshin Tigers--and a couple of things about the Tigers' roster jumped out at me.

- Ryutaro Umeno. Even with scouting turned off he's a 1.5-star player, and a good enough hitter that the AI slots him into the #7 spot ahead of Yusuke O(h)yama. Umeno is a .201 lifetime hitter (.557 career OPS), so to project .225 with 17 HRs in a major-league environment (his numbers when I opened the editor) might be... optimistic.

- Takumi Akiyama was solidly the #2 starter last season. Granted, it was a "breakout year" and something he'd never done before, but he's only 26, and having his current ratings so low that he can't even crack the ni-gun (minor league) team's rotation is something I think should be looked at.

- Also, Randy Messenger might be 36, but he's still one of the best half-dozen pitchers in the ***; his ratings might be a little low, but not to the point where I'd complain (much) about it. And Kosuke Baba was the team's #1 pick last year and still hasn't thrown a professional pitch yet, so it's impossible to know whether his Current ratings are too high right now or not, but I was definitely surprised to see him in the #1 spot and Messenger #2.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote