View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:44 AM   #5
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

50 years of Multiverse Baseball

Baseball has continued in the Multiverse since my last updates before the 3037 season. While the big teams continued to play in the Super and Pro Leagues, the main changes to the world occured in the regional and indepedent leagues. I spent a few years out of management before returning to the GM role in the Junior League with Westish College Harpooners in 3042. After going through two college cycles (8 years) and winning a number of championships I decided to retire (at least for now). One of the aspects I really enjoy with management in the Junior League is developing the players for 4 years and then sending them off to see where their careers go. With such a large number of teams at various levels there is plenty of places for them to go and make an impact after the Junior League. Its extra exciting when you see one of them make it on to a Super League or Pro League roster.

The World has grown a small bit. I spent some time expanding some of the existing fictional nations, adding more cities and states to them, to better reflect these fictional places and where I was bit lazy originally. The Realm of the Elderlings and the Pokemon Kanto Region have both been added bringing the total number of nations to 22. In time they will hopefully take part in the international tournaments once they have enough players to form a decent team.

Since 3037 three new leagues were created. The Iron Throne League based in Westeros split into two divisions of four teams and was added in 3045.The Elderlings Baseball League was created set in the Realm of the Elderlings with 8 teams, 6 representing the Six Duchies, one team for the Mountain Kingdom and one team for the Out Islanders. The One Ring League was added with 8 teams from Middle Earth at the same time as the EBL in 3048. These along with the other regional and indepedent leagues take part in the Champions League, a tournament played between the top teams of each.

Teams continue to rise and fall between the Major Leagues with The Avengers and Justice League both changing leagues 9 times, the most of the 32 teams. At the top of the table the Mordor Orcs found their form of the early years again winning three titles between 3040-4043, joining the Capitol Gamemakers and LEP Recon in the the honours list with 5 Super League wins each. Hydra also found some form winning three titles in 3041, 3044 and 3046 bringing their total to 4. Starfleet went top with 6 wins with an impressive game 5 win over the LEP Recon. And at the other end the Rebel Alliance have never managed to get promoted since being relegated in 3019. The large number of their fans weren't alive when they last played in the Super League over 30 years ago. Also sadly the Green Lantern Corps remain the only team to have never played in the Super League, playing in the Pro League their entire existence….. Until now. With 53 wins they managed to grab second place behind Battlestar Galactica and will play in the Super League for the first time next season.