View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #66
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
So are you saying it's tanking to sell off your best players and not replace them right away? Because if that's true, I just tanked one of my teams, and I intend to sell others when their collections come out.
No, that's not what I'm saying. Once again, I'll try and put this as simply as possible.

The current ToS simply says you must try and win - and any attempt to lose is not allowed. The problem with that statement is there are a million ways people want to play this game (themes, rebuilds, restarts, etc.) and there simply is no way to know if what you want to do is going to be ok, or if your going to end up on someone's "wanted list". People sit around looking for infractions and the safe thing to do is not even try. The Devs start using adjectives to explain certain things that are ok - then players start using phrases like "be subtle" (which, by the way, means "don't get caught".

I don't care exactly how they do it, but the concept of "tanking" has to be limited by code - NOT a subjective review. Once the code limits how much you can change your team and when, then anything else the code doesn't stop you from doing is legal. In effect, the ToS is coded.

The example I've been proposing (and I'm not suggesting this is the best way) to add up the 25 man OVR ratings on Opening Day. Let's say thats 2,150. Game sets a limit of 10% maximum reduction until Saturday night. During the season, any attempt to reduce your total 25-man roster below 1,935 would be blocked. After the regular season is complete (Saturday night) the restriction is lifted - so if anyone wants to start the season with a new team of all Golds can do so on Sunday. Monday morning - Opening Day - the new team OVR total is taken for the next season.

And I don't care if they want to use OVR or anything else to accomplish something similar.

With this in place, there's no need to define "tanking" anymore. That's all I'm saying, and I don't understand why anyone who is trying to play within the current ToS rules would be against this.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote