View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #95
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

eriqjaffe's 3D Stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Curious what version of sketchup you guys use? Also what operating system are you on? I am no where near creative enough to create my own stadiums from scratch but I wanted to modify some either form the warehouse or found here that you made to fit my fictional team as all the elements that need modifying aren't in the texture folder, but man I dont know how to do any of this, and the web version seems to be the only free one?
If you want to get into stadiums you're going to want to grab the SketchUp make 2017 version. It's probably the last free version they are going to produce for desktop. You can find it here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions. After 30 days you'll need to download the obj exporter extension that eriqjaffe put in the Portland diamond project thread.

Also, I'll say that I started doing this in the first place because I wanted to modify eriqjaffe's Brooklyn stadium. There is a bit of a learning curve, but after you get used to using SketchUp I'd encourage you to try making your own stuff. It's pretty fun.

Also also, (because you asked) I personally am a PC guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-14-2019 at 11:05 PM.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote