View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #51
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I remember Bobby Thomson doing quite well in my RDL in OOTP16 as well. Mantle is going to absolutely annihilate your league. He was incredible in mine. 9 MVPs IIRC. Dick Allen went into my HoF in the same league. Mantle and Judge in the same game? Whoo-boy!!! Yankee fans should enjoy that. Nice to see Mr. Contreras kickin' ass and taking the ROY after getting snubbed repeatedly at the draft table. Nice to see "The Left Arm of God" doing well as well. Also nice to see two former Expo pitchers (Fassero and Hesketh) being generally awesome.

As for your draft, I'd probably have it: 1) Gehrig, 2) Edmonds, 3) Trout, 4) Colon, and 5) Cuellar, but perhaps I'm splitting hairs. I've been known to do that...Occasionally.
Mantle is also playing at Coors Field, although his home-road splits are unexceptional. I think he's received 94 of a possible 96 first-place MVP votes so far in his two years. As an aside-- for reasons that escape me, Mantle has a different uniform and cap than his teammates. Any idea how to fix that? I thought it was, well, "uniform" for each team...

Four of the top five picks are (unsurprisingly) ranked among the top 10 prospects in the league. Cuellar, however, is ranked #94. Right now, he's a low-stamina reliever with no control, but I presume that will improve. Probably the most inexplicable draft slide this year was Matt Harvey, who was probably the highest-rated starter but fell to San Antonio with the #40 pick late in the first round. Larry Bowa is probably the best non-first rounder (went in the early 60s).
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote