View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #36
Rampkin325
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78 View Post
Hello,

I am from the UK and completely new to the game and pretty new to baseball also but want to get into the game as it looks amazing.

I have spent the last few days reading posts on the game (OOTP 19) and am getting a better understanding of the rules and stats etc but have been unable to find when on the game I should promote my best rule 5 eligible prospects to the 40 man roster?

Would it be the day before the rule 5 draft or do I need to plan and do this earlier in the season? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Rule 5 Draft Eligibility:

A player not on a team's secondary roster is eligible for the Rule 5 draft if the player was age 18 or younger when he first signed a contract and this is the fourth Rule 5 draft since he signed, OR if he was age 19 or older when he first signed a contract and this is the third Rule 5 draft since he signed.

Basically, as long as they are on your 40 man roster the day prior to the rule 5 draft you are okay. I would say wait as long as possible because player's stats change overtime as they develop and someone that you may of though you didn't want in May might turn out to be a good player in September.
Rampkin325 is offline   Reply With Quote