View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #33
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
Could you give me a step-by-step tutorial? I have Excel.

Thanks!
Sorry didn’t see this before now. I will try and type it out from memory on my phone while sitting in the car waiting for my son to finish basketball practice. So please excuse any grammatical errors.

What I did was make a copy of the MILBmaster file which can be found in the OOTP19/stats folder.

You can sort it by any column you like. To make a league of just western USA born players I sorted it in excel by birth country and birth state.

Next I deleted all of the non western states born players including a large group with unknown for their birth place.

Remember edit only the copy you made. Don’t mess with the original milbmaster file.

Once I had the players I wanted I sorted them by debut year.

Now to create a rookie class I just copied all of the player id’s of the ones I wanted in my class to a text file.

You would also have to add a comma , after each entry and the debut year you are using so to bring Ted Williams into your 1936 draft class the entry on txt file should be. willia002the,1936

To get it in the game I do the following.
One the day of the draft but before it starts I delete my draft class (only necessary if you had fictional draftees created by your game)

Next I import my txt file by going to the add historical players from free agent screen. ( I can provide some images if you need help doing this.)

Just remember to check add players to the current draft class otherwise they just go to free agent pool.

Hope that makes sense. Any questions let me know and I will clean this up when I am in front of the game.

Attached is a sample text file I used to import my 1936 PCL rookie class
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1936rookies.txt (1.5 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-16-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote