View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #30
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

A)

Player strategy or right click contaxt menu allows you to "lock player to current level" it's a checkbox in the player strategy screen. think it's an option where you promote/demote in context menu too -- verbage is different, not sure if same - "prevent ai from promoting" or something similar. i've always used the player Strategy screen within Team strategy, so not 100% sure, but based on the words should be the same thing.

if a player is locked, you can "ask ai to setup complete mil system" and those players will remain where they are and the ai works players around them.

b)

default is 40? it's a setting. check manual. and no, spring training roster is completely different. no worries about service time and such.... call up an 18y.o. rookie-leaguer if you want to.

just make sure to remove them before opening day. you wouldn't want someone adding to 40-man before you intend to add them.

c)

i am assuming what you are speaking of...

what i mean is accuracy is better as you promote. a player is more accurately scouted at AAA than at Rookie-league level. Budget still matters... but that dynamic will still exist no matter how much you spend.

i don't know what budget applies to the Complex, but i can tell you international scouting budget is 99% useless if you have no international leagues turned on and running (ficitonal or real etc). so, re-allocate that money to the other 3 scoutign budgets, only if you play with NO int'l leagues.

d)

culling -- chopping the fat... i'll cut the 30+ year olds in AAA that begin to show any aging... after i promote due to age/service time, i then cut the 'worst' options for any position that has too many players at a particular MiL Level.

i do consider the future. e.g. if i have 5 2b at AA, i may keep all of them if 3 are 'forced' to promote the following year.

again, i treat 'filler' players (not good) different than my locked players. anythign ~mlb quality potential or trade value will be treated wtih care. i match those players to level based on their development. they are ignored in the "count" i just mentioned in previous example. so, if i had a locked 2b, it'd by "6" 2b above in reality. but, since they move midseason or as needed, they can't be counted on to be there for the entire season.

e)

the BA you'd only know if you cheat and turn comissioner mode on and go into the profile editor. it does not reference sim-results. it's good to look at while learning, but don't make it a crutch. i'd also suggest playing with 100% accuracy for a season or 2 to get used to how things really work without

yes once ratings warrant a promotion do so, but due to inaccuracy at rookie level / short A, you need to be a bit conservative early on in their careers.

with inaccuracy on, if stats don't show big production but you see a huge contact, make sure to 'check-in' on them after any promotion and wait ~2months before any knee-jerk reaction.

at A-ball and higher, when i see the contact ratings rise to a suitable level, i am 10x more confident about that promotion than early on. the only important thing is that they continue to improve their ratings... if scouting of current ability keeps going up, they are probably fine where they are.

f)

i assume this is about service time?

it's the total amount of time, not the amount of time at that level. the rules you set for each league would make that relevant... if you have no service time limits for MiL leagues it won't matter at all to you. simply put them where they deserve to go and no worries about age/service time.

i set those rules up differently know. they are extremely important for picking # of rounds in draft.

e.g. draftees only have 2 years of eligibility in my rookie leagues. i have 2 rookie teams per MLB team... so i need ~70 drafted players every 2 years, so ~40 rounds is good (figure ~2-5 draftees/year don't go to rookie per team).

i use SA as a buffer... upto 4 years for any stragglers that can't hack it at A-ball plus a handful of first year players that are more advanced.

5 years total before forced to AA, if they cna hack it etc etc... if you don't have these rules enabled, you don't have to worry much about age.

just consider that range of ages, if you do set up these types of rules. these rules can hurt more than help in many situations.

g)

relates to what i said in (F)... depends on your rules for Rookie league. they might be able to stay there until they are 40, if you want them and they don't retire.

becareful of cutting in rookie league... make sure they are really really terrible prospects. i typical cut after i promote and have a new scouting report at the next level. new and better information is key.

e.g. if my Short A team has ~50+ players in februry, i don't care. when i get that first scouting report of the year, i'll look into slimming it down.

i cut AFTER any procedural stuff, not before. ie you want to take care of promotions/demotions so that you know what depth you have at each position and at each level. sometimes next year's 'need' will cause you to keep more players than you expect or want under normal situations.

extra is no problem in the minors.... make sure to use "Start based on Potential" (wrong words, but similar) in the settings for MiL rosters. (check manual for location). if you have a player you like that is poorly rated, "force" them to start at a position to ensure playing time.

who cares of 15 crappy players sit on the bench. it's better to have them then to sift through FA for injury replacements. definitely less effort at the least.

35-40 players is the "right" amount of players for MiL teams. more isn't a problem, but probably better for the entire league if you release what you don't need. (no big deal, the AI isn't doing it either, lol).

more is better than less in the minors. a starved system is far more detrimental to your league than a fat one.

as far as ho wlong you want them in Rookie league? 2years? 3 years? definiteyl reasonable... and an opinion that you;ll have to form based on your own preferences.

i'm going to post a MiL / draft guide sometime soon. (relating to service time and age and how to set one up without bottlenecks and pooling of players at a particular level etc) just math and adding things up... if you only 'give' 2 years at that level, the draft must provide enough in 2 years to sustain it.

("give" - based on rules.. a window where 90% of the palyers will come from. e.g. if you only give 1 year at Aball before "forced" to next level if following requirments, you need enough from 1 draft, even if it's 5 years in future)
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote